Have you been wondering what to do in Brenham, Chappell Hill or Washington County (is where our gorgeous location is this year) when you come for your photo session? I’m sure you have! Especially the dad.
I decided to put together this guide knowing you all are coming with small children.
So the drive is about 90 minutes, a little bit more or less depending on where you are coming from. If you decide to take a break and stop in Brenham, that’s where I think the most fun is. However, from Brenham it’s another 21 minutes so you may want to find a location to visit closer to our spot.
1) If you are into historical sites, Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site is for you. IT is also very very close to the location. Here’s a link from the official website.
2) Another historic mark but I think more interesting for the kids is Old Baylor Park at Windmill Hill
3) Downtown Brenham “Main Street” District has tons of antique shops and historic buildings. However, this is more for us, moms, and I can only explore those without kids.
4) Great photo opportunities at Chappell Hill Lavender Farm. Even though I’ve never been there, it has been on my to do list for quite some time now. Lavender will not be in full bloom at the time of our photo session, they are in full bloom in late April.
5) Alpaca farms. There are at least 3 farms nearby. Oh my goodness, who doesn’t love them? I wanted to do my minis at an alpaca farm this season, but unfortunately they didn’t get any bluebonnets. Hopefully, next year.
6) Flying Horses Carousel. May help the kiddos relax and have fun after a long drive https://www.cityofbrenham.org/flying_horses_carousel.php
7) And my absolute favorite spot is…. Anywhere the kids can sit down and EAT haha.
Having said all that, I’m sure your kids will be ok at is it not 24 hour drive. But if you decide to not make any stops, come very early. That way kids can have some rest, run around, get to know the place a little bit.
These are mini sessions, meaning you only get 15 minutes with me and if the kids are not feeling it, we can’t reschedule or wait for them to ease up.
Here’s a full list of fun activities you’ll have in your disposal:
(This list is taken from the official Brenham, TX website. I did not put it together)
Blue Bell Creamery Mon – Fri 8-5
Antique Carousel Rides Mon – Fri 11-2, Sat & Sun 10-4
Horseshoe Junction Family Fun Park Mon – Thurs 10-10, Fri & Sat 10-11, Sun noon-9
Skating at Silver Wings Ballroom Mon – Fri noon-5, Fri 7-10pm, Sat 11-1:30 & 2-5, Sun 2-5
Historic Movie at Simon Theatre Mon-Fri showings at 11:30 and 2
Swim Inflatables at Aquatic Center Mon – Fri 1-4
#BrenhamArtWalk FREE all day, every day
Around the County:
Brenham Miniature Horses/Ceramic Painting Mon-Sat 9-12 and 1-4
Texas Cotton Gin Museum in Burton Tues-Sat 10-4; Tours at 10 and 2
Peeka Ranch Alpaca Farm Daily 10-5; Call Ahead 713-857-1461
Chappell Hill Lavender Farm Mon-Fri 10-2, Sat 9-5, Sun 11-4
Chappell Hill Historical Museum Wed-Sat 10-4, Sun 1-4
Texas Baptist Museum in Independence Tues-Sat 10-4
Museum & Visitor Center 10-5
Living History Farm 10-4:30
Texas Star Winery Fri-Sun 11-6
Saddlehorn Winery Open Daily 11-6
Windy Winery Mon-Fri & Sun noon-5, Sat noon-6
Pleasant Hill Winery Fri 3-Sunset, Sat 11-6, Sun noon-5
#Adventure290 FREE all day, every day